Training and Workshops
Webinars/web based training
- Ashokkumar K., Vellaikumar S., Murugan M., Dhanya M.K., Arjun P., Karthikeyan A., Nimisha M. and Aiswarya S. (2020). Comparative profiling of essential oil composition from Coriandrum sativum, Cuminum cyminum, Foeniculum vulgare and Brassica juncea through GC-MS analysis. National Seminar on “Molecular Basis of Cancer & Prevention (MBCP-2020)” held on February 18th- 19th, 2020 at Department of Life Science, PRIST Deemed University, Thanjavur, India.p65.
- Ashokkumar K., Murugan M., Dhanya M.K., Vellaikumar S., Karthikeyan A., Nimisha M., Aiswarya S and Amalu S (2019). Compositional variability of essential oils in twenty two cardamom [Elettaria cardamomum (L.) Maton] accessions by GC-MS analysis. International conference on “ Innovative and emerging trends in Botany” (ICIETB-2019), held on November 6th – 7th, 2019 at Department of Botany, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu, India.p151.
- Ashokkumar K., Dhanya M.K., Murugan M., Haritha K.V., Surya R., Nimisha M and Amalu S (2019). Optimization of genomic DNA isolation protocol from emerging leaves of small cardamom [Elettaria cardamomum (L.) Maton] for genetic diversity analysis. International Conference on Food Security Through Agriculture and Allied Sciences (FAAS-2019) held on 27 – 29 May, 2019 at Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, NEPAL. p.14.
- Ashokkumar K., Dhanya M.K., Murugan M., Haritha K.V., Ansu A.M., Boney M., Surya R., and Nimisha M. (2019). Assessment of variation in volatile oil and moisture content of 65 cardamom accessions [Elettaria cardamomum (L.) Maton]. International conference "PROVECTUS PLANTAE’19 -Exploring the Scope of Plant Genetic Resources" held on 22 – 24 May, 2019 at Department of Botany, Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.
- Sathish Kumar, J., K. Ashokkumar , R. Asvin, K. S. Janani, S. Ayyammal, S. Santhakumar, P. Saradha and T. D. Warkentin (2018). Bio-fortification of naturally occurring folates in Rice. International conference on “Recent Scenario in plant science research- climate change and its associated variation”, Held on March 23-25, 2018, at Department of Botany, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Ashokkumar, K. (2018). Genetic diversity of naturally occurring folates in rice by UPLC-MS/MS analysis. National seminar on Recent Advancement in Life Sciences, held at Syed Hameeda Arts & Science, College, Kilakarai, Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu on March 16, 2018.
- Ashokkumar, K. (2018). Isolation and determination of Carotenoids concentrations in seeds of green cotyledon and yellow cotyledon Pea (Pisum sativum L.). National seminar on “Recent Advancement in Life Sciences”, held at Syed Hameeda Arts & Science, College, Kilakarai, Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu on March 16, 2018.
- Sakthivel, S, P. Vennlla, S. Suganya, J. U. JanusiaI, V. Shanthi, P.Arjurn, and K. Ashokkumar (2018) Determination of flavonoids, carotenoids and chlorophyll concentration in Cynodon dactylon (L.). Two days National conference on Biotechnological Innovations for Socio economic development. Held on 1 & 2, march, 2018 at J.J. College of Arts and Science, Pudukkottai, Tamil Nadu. p12.
- Ashokkumar, K., Sivakumar, P. and Tom D. Warkentin. (2016). Biofortification of folates in food legumes. National conference on Achievements, challenges and opportunities in Environmental Biotechnology for sustainable livelihood security. Held on February 27 & 28, 2016. Organized by Tamil Nadu Scientific Research Organization and Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India. Pudukkottai, Tamil Nadu, India. p.5.
- Ashokkumar, K. (2016). Genetic diversity of folates in seeds of pulses. 5th National conference on Natural Sciences. Held on 19th January 2016 at Holy Cross College (Autonomous), Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Ashokkumar, K., Ashika, S., , Muniraj,I.K.,Sivakumar, U. (2015). Screening and characterization of Oleaginous fungi from starch processing wastewater for Single Cell Oil Production. International Symposium on “Emerging Discoveries in Microbiology”. Held on December 7-10, 2015. Organized by Association of Microbiologists of India and School of Life Science, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067, India. p438.
- Jha, A.B., Diapari, M., Ashokkumar, K., Ambrose, S.J., Zhang, H., Tar’an, B., Bett, K.E., Vandenberg, A., Warkentin, T.D., and Purves, R.W. (2014). Folate profiles in diverse cultivars of common bean, lentil, chickpea and pea by LC-MS/MS. 6th International Food Legume Research Conference & 7th International Conference on Legume Genetics and Genomics. Held on July 7-11, 2014. Organized by University of Saskatchewan, TCU place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada. p.208.
- Warkentin, T.D., Shunmugam, A.S.K., Liu, X., Delgerjav, T., Rehman, A.U., Ashokkumar, K., Bangar, P., Arganosa, G.C.,Raboy, V., Glahn, R., Bett, K.E., and Tar'an, B. Towards biofortification of pea. (2014). 6th International Food Legume Research Conference & 7th International Conference on Legume Genetics and Genomics. Held on July 7-11, 2014. Organized by University of Saskatchewan, TCU place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada. p.147-148.
- Kaliyaperumal Ashokkumar, Kumarakurubaran Selvaraj, Saradha Devi, K.M. (2013). HPLC analysis of flavonoids profile from Indian Curry leaf (Murraya koenigii. L).The Canadian Society of Plant biologists- Eastern Regional Meeting, held on December 6 & 7, 2013, University of Toronto Mississauga, Mississauga ON, CANADA. p59-60.
- Saradha devi K.M, A. Poongothai, K. Ashokkumar and S. Annapoorani. (2013). Antitumorigenic and Antioxidant activity of methanolic extract of Gloriosa superba leaves. The Canadian Society of Plant biologists- Eastern Regional Meeting, held on December 6 & 7, 2013, University of Toronto Mississauga, Mississauga ON, CANADA.p 59.
- Ashokkumar, K., D. Marwan. B. Taran, G. Argonasa and T.D. Warkentin (2013). HPLC analysis of Carotenoids in genetically diverse genotypes of pea and chickpea. North American Pulse Improvement Association (NAPIA- 2013), held on Oct. 30- Nov.1, 2013, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Ashokkumar, K (2013). Abiotic stress tolerance in Rice. Agricultural Biotechnology International Conference (ABIC-2013), held on September 15-18. Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Tom Warkentin, Gene Arganosa, Arun Shunmugam, Yong Liu, Xiaofei Liu, Ashokkumar Kaliyaperumal, Aziz Rehman, Bunyamin Tar’an, Kirstin Bett. (2013). Biofortification of Pea. “First legume conference: A Legume Odyssey” held on May 9-11. Novi Sad, Serbia.
- Ashokkumar. K, Gene Arganosa, Bunnyamin Taran, Vanderberg Bert, Kirstin Bett and Tom Warkentin. (2012). Identification and quantification of Carotenoids concentration in Saskatchewan grown pea and chickpea. “Adapting crops to change, technology transfer in the 21st century” CSA-CSHS-CCA Conference 2012, held at July 16-19, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada.
- Ashokkumar. K, Tina Thamous, Vincent see, Gene Arganosa, Bunnyamin Taran, Vanderberg Bert, Kirstin Bett and Tom Warkentin. (2012). Enhancing the nutritional value of Saskatchewan pulses through improved levels of folate and carotenoids. Pulse Days 2012, held on January 9-10, Organized by Saskatchewan Pulse growers, Prairieland park trade centre, Saskatoon, SK, Canada.
- Ashokkumar, K and R. Ravikesavan. (2009). Understanding the genetic variability of seed oil, seed protein and seed index in upland cotton. International conference on Emerging trends in production processing and utilization of natural fibres, held on April 16-18th, venue: Mayfair, Worli, Mumbai,India. Organized by ISCI, IFS from Mumbai, ICAR and Texas Tech University, USA.
- Ashokkumar, K and R. Ravikesavan. (2008). Genetics of seed oil improvement in cotton. National Symposium on Recent Trends in Food Processing and World Food Day 2008, held on 16th October, organized by Agricultural Engineering College , TNAU, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Viveka, K and K. Ashokkumar. Genetics of fibre quality development in upland cotton (2008). National seminar on Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, held 11th and 12th October at SASTRA University, Tanjore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- M. Govindaraj, and K. Ashokkumar. (2008). Aerobic rice breeding – A new tool for water scarcity management. International symposium on Water harvesting held at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Silvas Jebakumar Prince, K and K. Ashokkumar. (2006). Impact of genotype and hormonal combination for in vitro response in maize. National level technical symposium, Genespire’06 held at Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
Training and Workshops
- PPV & FRA sponsored workshop on “Training cum awareness programme on Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers Right Act 2001” held on 14.03. 2018 in the Department of Genetics & Plant Breeding, Faculty of Agriculture, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Capacity building programme on “Research Projects: Funding Agencies and Proposal Writing” held on 28.2.2018, Sponsored by Tamil Nadu State Council for Higher Education organized by, Periyar E.V.R. College, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Workshop in " Mushroom cultivation, Vermicomposting and Spirulina cultivation" held on March 2, 2017. Organized by Centre for Research and Development and School of Agriculture, PRIST University, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Training on “HPLC trouble shooting and diagnostics” held on June 20, 2011, Organized by Canadian Life Science, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Eighth Canadian Pulse Research workshop held on November 3-5, 2010, Calgary, Alberta. Canada.
- Summer training on “Microarray Data Analysis and Systems Biology” held on 1st July 2009 to 10th July, 2009. Organized by Institute of Computational Biology, Bangalore-2, Karnadaka, India.
- Six month Certificate course on “Nanotechnology Sensitization program” during November 2008 to April 2009. Conducted by Nano Science and Technology Consortium, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Workshop on ‘’ Management of IPR in Biotechnology” held at Chennai from February 22nd to 23rd, 2007. Sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. Organized by Biotech Consortium India Limited, New Delhi, India.
- National workshop on “Trends in Systems Biology and Bioinformatics” from March 6th to 8th, 2007. Sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. Organized by Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India.
Webinars/web based training
- Webinar on “MassLynx 4.1 Tips & Tricks” held on 23-May-2013. Organised by waters corporation, USA.
- Webinar on “Care and feeding LC-MS Systems” held on 24-May-2013. Organised by waters corporation, USA.
- Webinar on “Practical HPLC Troubleshooting” held on 20-June-2013. Organised by Chromacademy.com, supported by Thermo scientific Pvt ltd, USA.